Bank Accounts

You will need a bank, Building Society or Credit Union account that can accept automated payments to receive your monthly UC payment.

Recommended Bank Accounts

Here are some accounts from high street banks that do not charge a fee and will be suitable for receiving automated payments.

You should give UC your bank account number and have payments paid in monthly. You will be able set to up payments for household bills and direct debits such as rent. You may also receive a debit card.

Here to Help

If you need support applying for Universal Credit or on any of the points covered here, please get in touch.

Speak to one of our friendly advisors today

Live Chat

arrow_downarrow_leftarrow_rightavatar_triocardchild_tax_creditAsset 1Asset 1Asset 8closecomputercrossemploymentAsset 10Asset 9Asset 14Asset 13housing_benefitAsset 11job_seekersmailmarkermoneyphoneplayquoteAsset 1Asset 1search_locationsearchsocial_facebooksocial_googleplussocial_instagramsocial_linkedin_altsocial_linkedinsocial_pinterestlogo-twitter-glyph-32social_youtubeticktoggleAsset 12working_tax_credit